Deccan Ki Duniyadari.
Entries in my journal -
10th of March 2020: Dear diary, my final semester exams for bachelors starts from 30th March. I am going to study well for the exams (lol), and after that I will have to start the preparation for entrance exams of DC. Oh also! A virus has been found which is said to be deadly. Well it wont be coming to India for sure.
15th of March 2020: Dear diary, tomorrow I am travelling home for my Birthday. The virus situation has turned to be serious. I hope it doesn’t escalate further.
20th of May 2020: Dear, whatever, Its been (x) number of days since the lockdown started.
As you all can see from my entries in the personal diary how happy and excited I was for my new adventure in life. Alas! Life is unpredictable! Then came the lockdown and then the online graduation exams (lol), the online admission(double lol), and the online lectures( rofl).
So, when on 28th of February,2022, I finally visited my college for the first time I was all shy and nervous, with no communication skills( all weathered away during lockdown). Such a socially awkward girl went to the college with her friend and was stunned to see the kind of energy that was overflowing, no! Bursting in other people. I could totally relate to a cat person being thrown into a sea of dog persons with no way out. But little did this awkward aloof person know what was in store for her in the coming 3 months.
It all started with normal daily conversations but soon this crazy cat person warmed up to the people around her and truly felt like a part of them. In all this I also found a person who is so similar to me, such a carbon copy of how I am and it still makes us wonder whether there’s some kind of black magic being done. The next 3 months were full of daily breakfast at a constant place, afternoon lectures attended while being sleepy and yawning constantly, gossips exchanged in Mausi's canteen, considering that canteen as our own and walking there after every lecture to check what is in the fridge. Yes! Its ours! The constant weird and thunderous laughs and even the tension surrounding mid-terms had it's own kind of funny moments as was the allotment of each character from Harry Potter and we living our characters.
The trips(read study tours) that were taken which not only stand witness to our seeing some grand and beautiful structures but also smile warmly upon us seeing our antics of falling down at every nook & corner and in general being butterfingers. The trips also saw us bunch of different personalities coming together and becoming one due to the objects of hatred being the same (😝). The tea and breakfasts at hotel Chalukya and the gossips exchanged in front of grand temples, the early morning visits to these structures and the traumatic test at Pattadakal, my angry avatar at Sinnar and the coolness of Godavari soothing our souls with it's ever loving flow of water, I wouldn’t exchange these inside jokes, those jaw dropping gossips and the late night life talks for anything in this world.
Then of course, a certain *wink wink* trip changed our dynamics with each other for which I shall be forever grateful. Divi and I got people whom we could call our own, we got our long lost relatives (😉) and thus the family dynamics has remained till today. That trip also saw us working, eating and talking like professional labourers and also we looked like the role we played. Dust in our hair and rains on our head we still slayed it. That's how we are you know. Also, that's when I invented certain new vocabulary and as I promised, you all have to be there in my institution of PTLG(abbreviated form due to security reasons).
At the beginning of the offline lectures I wasn’t sure whether I wanted to come here but at the end of it I I am not sure whether I want to leave yet. It has been one hell of a coaster ride. We lived one of the best moments of our life in these 3 months. Even the exams (and of course all the drama that came with it), will always remain special for me.
Graduating from SP college I had spent 3 years living the duniyadari way of life along with my other SP classmate turned DC classmate Vaibhzzzz. But now, as I write my last exam for the last semester tomorrow, I know that DC's duniyadari too will stay with me for the rest of my life and beyond that through my words. It's that chapter in my book of life which was a short but the most pleasant one. Now, as we separate to travel alone on the destinations set for each of us, I wish only the best for everyone (Lol not really, good wishes only for my people, my relatives, you all know who you are).
Au Revoir.
PS - I ♡ you guys.
Haha, absolutely loved reading it! I am sure we all would have ended up as byproducts of "weathering", if that "wink wink" trip would have lasted a little longer !!
ReplyDelete